Healthy Stir-Fried Meal Ideas For Lunch
Are you tired of thinking about healthy meal ideas? Scratching your head for long but not coming with a healthy dish that will give lots of flavors too?
Relax and scroll below. You will find two yummy recipes that are incredibly healthy also.
Healthy Meal Ideas – Chicken Stir Fry With Veggies
Preparation time – 15 minutes
Cooking time – 30 minutes (if you are using chicken with bone)
Cooking time – 15 minutes (if you are using boneless chicken)
- Chicken – 2 pounds, thighs or breasts, cut into 1-inch size
- Coldwater -1 cup
- Soy sauce – ¼ cup
- Garlic – 3 cloves, minced
- Ginger – 1 inch, minced
- Mixed frozen veggies – 3 pounds
- Cornstarch – 4 tbsp
- Honey – 2 tbsp (you can use maple syrup as well instead of honey)
- Salt – to taste
- Avocado oil – 1tbsp
- Sesame seeds – 1 tbsp
- Rice vinegar – 1 tbsp (if you do not have it, use white vinegar)
- Green onions – 2, chopped
- Put a wok and medium heat and add some oil. When the oil is hot, add the minced garlic and ginger and chopped onions. When they give a nice aroma, add the chopped veggies, and let them cook for a few minutes.
- In the meantime, take a bowl and add water along with soy sauce, honey, vinegar, and cornstarch. Mix them very well and pour into the wok and mix with the veggies.
- While the veggies are cooking in the sauce, place a pan on high heat and add some oil. As the oil becomes very hot, add the chicken slices. Add some water and season with salt. Let them cook for about 10 minutes putting a lid on if you are using bone-in chicken. But if the chicken is boneless, do not put the lid and cook for about 6 minutes. When the chicken is soft, take them from the pan. Add in the wok and mix with the veggies and sauce.
- When the sauce becomes thick, pour them into a bowl or plate and garnish with green chopped onions and sesame seeds. It goes very well with brown rice or quinoa.
Healthy Meal Ideas – Shrimp Stir Fry With Snow Peas
Preparation time – 20 minutes
Cooking time – 10 minutes
- Shrimp – 1 pound, peeled and deveined
- Coldwater – 2 cups
- Snow peas – 6 pounces, without the strings
- Rice wine – 2 tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Sugar – ¾ tsp
- Ginger – 1 tsp, minced
- Garlic – 2 tbsp, minced
- Fresh chives – 2 tbsp, chopped
- Vegetable oil – 1 tbsp
- White pepper powder – 1 tsp
- Soy sauce – 1 ½ tsp
- Cornstarch – 1 ½ tsp
- Add the shrimp in a bowl and add water along with some salt. Keep the shrimp in the saltwater for about 5 minutes and then take them out.
- In a large bowl, add the rice wine, soy sauce, chicken broth, sugar, and white pepper powder and cornstarch. Mix them well.
- Put a skillet on high heat and add the oil. As it is hot, add the shrimp and fry them till they become pink. Add the minced garlic and ginger, snow peas, chopped chives and season with salt. Let them cook for a few minutes.
- Pour the broth mixture in the skillet and let it cook for a few minutes along with shrimp till the sauce becomes thick.
- Your stir-fried shrimp is ready.